MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) 512GB SSD 8GB Overview
- Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 128MB of eDRAM
Configurable to 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.7GHz, with 128MB of eDRAM
Configurable to 1TB or 2TB SSD
- 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Configurable to 16GB of memory
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
Charging and Expansion
Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with:
- 64 (U.S.) or 65 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys
- Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
- Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
- Up to two displays with 3840-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Three microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Battery and Power2
- Battery backup (in hours) : 1-2 hours
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.59 inch (1.49 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg)3
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Catalina brings new, dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts. Smart updates to the apps you use most. And Sidecar, which lets you use iPad as a second display. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
In the Box
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
Configure to Order
Configure your MacBook Pro with these options, only at apple.com:
- 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.7GHz, with 128MB of eDRAM
- 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
MacBook Pro and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold6
Apple and the Environment
Read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
| ||Sound Power Level|
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level|
L p A,m (dB)
||1.3 (K V = 0.3)
||1.3 (K V = 0.3)
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB memory, 512GB storage, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in June 2019 using preproduction 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. Testing conducted by Apple in April 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD; and preproduction 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- MacBook Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.