MacBook Air (M2, 2022) 13.6-inch 512GB SSD 8GB Overview
Apple M2 chip
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 100GB/s memory bandwidth
Configurable to M2 with 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU
- Hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, ProRes, and ProRes RAW
- Video decode engine
- Video encode engine
- ProRes encode and decode engine
Liquid Retina display
- 13.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology;1 2560-by-1664 native resolution at 224 pixels per inch with support for 1 billion colors
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
Battery and Power2
- Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 15 hours wireless web
- 52.6-watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M2 with 8-core GPU)
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter (included with M2 with 10-core GPU and 512GB storage, configurable with M2 with 8-core GPU)
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
- Fast-charge capable with 67W USB-C Power Adapter
Charging and Expansion
- MagSafe 3 charging port
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 4 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 8GB unified memory
Configurable to 16GB or 24GB
- 512GB SSD
Configurable to 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB
Keyboard and Trackpad
Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 full-height function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Touch ID
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera
- Advanced image signal processor with computational video
- Four-speaker sound system
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Spatial Audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers
- Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking when using AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Supported formats include HEVC, H.264, and ProRes
- HDR with Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG
- Supported formats include AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.44 inch (1.13 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.46 inches (21.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.24 kg)4
macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Monterey introduces powerful new features to help you connect, share, and create like never before.
Learn more about latest operating system
macOS User Guide
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
Learn more about Accessibility
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- App Store
- Find My
- Photo Booth
- QuickTime Player
- Time Machine
- Voice Memos
In the Box
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter (M2 with 8-core GPU) or 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter (M2 with 10-core GPU and 512GB storage)
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (2 m)
Configure to Order
- Configure your MacBook Air with these options at apple.com:
- M2 with 10-core GPU
- 16GB or 24GB unified memory
- 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter
- 67W USB-C Power Adapter
MacBook Air and the Environment
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:6
See the MacBook Air Product Environmental Report
Made with better materials
- 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets, representing 98% of the rare earth elements in the device
- 90% recycled steel in the battery tray
- 100% recycled aluminum in the enclosure7
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-, BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium‑free
- Apple’s Zero Waste Program helps suppliers eliminate waste sent to landfill
- All final assembly supplier sites are transitioning to 100% renewable energy for Apple production
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests
- 90% or more fiber-based packaging
Apple and the Environment
We’re committed to making our products without taking from the earth, and to become carbon neutral across our entire business, including products, by 2030.
See Apple’s commitment
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
| ||Sound Power Level|
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level|
L p A,m (dB)
||1.3 (K V = 0.3)
||1.3 (K V = 0.3)
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
- The wireless web test browses 6 tabs with a mix of content including media.
- Configuration tested: M2, 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU, 8GB unified memory, 1TB storage.
- The display on the 13.6-inch MacBook Air has rounded corners at the top. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 13.6 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2022 using preproduction MacBook Air systems with Apple M2, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 8 clicks from bottom. The Apple TV app movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 8 clicks from bottom. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
- Data accurate as of product launch.
- Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure and is based on auditing done by UL LLC.
- ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Apple defines its restrictions on harmful substances, including definitions for what Apple considers to be “free of,” in the Apple Regulated Substances Specification. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates with the exception of AC power cords in India, Thailand (for two-prong AC power cords), and South Korea, where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement.